C&E Advanced Technologies is now part of GCG.
This will be located in either the Evansville, IN or South Bend, IN area.
Genuine Cable Group (GCG) is a leading North American distributor of wire, cable and connectivity solutions.
At GCG We Make Connections Possible through a nationwide network of facilities providing the wire, cable and associated products and services that ensure connections, among families and friends, co-workers and customers, and the industrial equipment used across the country. Serving a wide variety of industries our experienced teams are Service-Oriented, Responsive and Values-Focused.
This position works in a fast-paced environment to support existing customers and drive new business. This position develops and supports sales strategies to expand market share within the region, promotes products, and addresses customer concerns in manufacturing, such as product quality, machine safety, and equipment efficiency. This position will assist C&E customers grow and prosper; proving that manufacturing in America is strong, safe, and high quality. The ideal candidate is technically-oriented, determined to succeed, and able to build a positive rapport with everyone they meet.
- Develops a thorough understanding of our core product lines and their proper application
- Travels to customer locations to provide technical consultation; recommends products that address the customer's pain points and provides product demonstrations
- Works with Inside Sales to record call activity, manage opportunities, and develop quotations
- Coordinates with Technical Specialists to assist customers in successfully using our products
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through the attendance of education workshops, reviewing trade publications, and attending product training at our office and manufacturers’ locations
- Performs lead follow up and reporting.
- Three to five years of related job experience or expertise in technical sales related to industrial automation is required
- Driver’s License with clean driving record is required
- Knowledge of sales principles, tactics, and strategies
- Strong mechanical aptitude or interest in how things work
- Strong self-management skills, including a high degree of professionalism and dependability
- Ability to present information and sell products and services in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities.
- Builds strong partnerships with Customers and Suppliers
- Collaborates effectively across departments
- Demonstrates agility and commitment when responding to customer needs
- Focuses on continuous improvement
- Acts with integrity in all areas of our work
- Values people equally