Location: Nashville, TN / Bowling Green, KY
This Vision and Controls Specialist provides pre- and post-sale support on the vision and controls products offered by C&E Advanced Technologies. This position develops and maintains vendor-level technical proficiency in their assigned product lines. This position is also responsible for reviewing specifications and preparing proposals based on the customer’s needs.
· Accompanies Technical Consultants (sales staff) on calls where a higher level of product and/or application expertise is required.
· Answers pre- and post-sale customer product inquiries via telephone, email, and other channels of communication.
· Reviews technical specifications of customer needs, then researches and tests to ensure the solution being offered is valid.
· Creates a BOM for the Technical Consultants and Customer Service department for specific customer applications.
· Recommends replacement products for obsolete and/or competitors’ products.
· Maintains a technical library for the vision and controls products offered by C&E Advanced Technologies.
· Develops and presents at C&E events on the products they are assigned.
· Participates in company podcasts or videos regarding the assigned product lines supported by this role.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Associates Degree in technical related field is required, but a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or factory automation is preferred.
· This position requires a minimum of three to five years of experience in engineering science and technology, electrical engineering, industrial engineering; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
· Knowledge of electronic and electrical principles.
· Knowledge of industrial automation industry and products.
· Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office programs.
· Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion.
· Ability to work independently and effectively manage schedule.
About C&E Advanced Technologies
Founded in 1978, C&E Advanced Technologies has grown to be a trusted provider of quality products and solutions covering Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. Our customers are OEM’s, End Users, Integrators, and Re-sellers. We support and sell equipment and software in the five areas of Sensors, Vision, Motion, Safety and Automation/Controls. We have built our business on professional integrity and superior customer service. We have a strong, welcoming corporate culture that provides our employees with a supportive environment.
· 401k and profit sharing
· Company-provided vehicle including insurance, maintenance, and fuel for all company-related travel
· Health, vision, dental, long- and short-term disability, and group life insurance
· Company laptop and mobile phone
· Paid holidays
· Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time
- Factory Automation: 3 years (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement